Spy film "The Berlin File", directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, has so far attracted more than seven million viewers since its release on Jan. 30, a first for a domestic movie in the genre.
It moved beyond "The Man From Nowhere" (2010) and "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" (2008), which lured 6.28 million and 6.68 million cinemagoers, respectively.
"The figure shows that the film was loved by all age groups and both genders despite earlier concerns about the complicated plot and narrative", said a spokesman at CJ Entertainment, the distributor of "The Berlin File".
The film starring Jun Ji-hyun, Han Suk-kyu, Ha Jung-woo and Ryoo Seung-bum involves intelligence agents embroiled in an international conspiracy.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.