K-pop girl group 2NE1 will appear on stage at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in June, which celebrates creativity in global advertising. The band will not appear as performers, but as speakers.
They will tell global advertising and marketing experts why they should keep their eyes on the K-pop phenomenon that is sweeping across Asia and now making its presence felt as far ashore as Europe, the U.S. and South America.
Korean advertising agency Cheil Worldwide said on Wednesday that the organizers of the festival will hold a seminar on the Korean Wave, and that 2NE1 and SJ Kimm, Cheil Worldwide's president of regional operations in Southeast Asia, have been invited as speakers on the subject.
The agency, which has been holding an annual seminar at the festival since 2008, plans this year to present its marketing strategies that have helped fuel K-pop fever.
Previous speakers include London Olympics Organizing Committee head Sebastian Coe and Nike Vice President Trevor Edwards.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Korean Actor Brings Child from Madagascar for Surgery
Actor Ryoo Soo-yeong, who visited Madagascar on March 20 as part of a volunteer group with the Mir,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017