The film "Sunny - 2010" had attracted more than 6 million viewers on Sunday, two months after its release. The film portrays the friendship of women in their 40s.
According to the Korean Film Council, "Sunny - 2010" has lured 6.05 million spectators since its release on May 4, becoming the first Korean film to surpass the 6 million mark this year. "The Man From Nowhere", released on Aug. 4 last year, was the last Korean film to hit the mark.
The success of "Sunny - 2010" is being attributed to its appeal to a wide range of age groups. It tells the story of two women who remember their schooldays at the end of the 1980s and thus captivated both teenagers and those in their 20s as well as those in their 40s or older.
The key was that it managed to draw many viewers on weekdays thanks to its popularity among cinema-goers in their 40s or 50s. "Sunny - 2010" is currently the most viewed film in Korea among both Korean and foreign films, ahead of "Kung Fu Panda 2", which has been seen by 4.91 million people so far.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Author Shin's Presentation Gives Better Understanding of a Mother in Her Book
More than 100 people attended a presentation by acclaimed Korean author Shin Kyungsook, which took p,...More
Gong Hyo-jin "Jung Joon-ha worked hard for the shoulder scene but he was upset" (Interview)
Jung Joon-ha who played the role of Goo Ae-jeong's (Gong Hyo-jin) brother Goo Ae-hwan in the recen,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.