"I will always remember when I first enrolled", he said. "I will endeavor to be a respectable actor, and based on lessons I learned in the military, I will try to be more humble and live modestly".
Some 1,500 local and foreign fans hung several congratulatory banners in front of the Defense Media Agency in Yongsan, Seoul, hoping for a glimpse of the star. Many of the fans had flown in from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
After Lee cut the cake that his fans prepared, he said, "I would like to play a role as a cultural ambassador and help spread Korean culture overseas".
Later in the afternoon, he met with fans at Sangmyeong University. He said he will soon return to TV screens by appearing in a soap opera. Lee debuted as a model for a clothing company in 2001 and gained huge popularity with his role in the 2005 hit "The King and the Clown".
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
K-pop album sales in Japan hit all-time high in 2011
Japanese purchases of Korean pop music hit an all-time high last year, according to industry data.,...More
Korean magicians invited to world's largest magic festival
Eight Korean magicians have been invited to the world's largest magic convention set to open this ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***
Drama of the week