Korean actress Ha Ji-won and director Kim Ji-hoon will participate as mentors in the Korea-China youth cultural exchange program "Beijing Toto Laboratory", which is to be held in Beijing's Kwanggeomun Middle School on Aug. 13 through Aug. 17, CJ CGV, the event organizer, revealed on Aug. 7.
In the program 40 youths from both Korea and China will engage in film-making for five days. CJ co-hosts the event together with the Boys Vanguard of the Chinese Communist Youth Association. Both Kim and Ha have been widely known in China since the release of the Korean movie "Sector 7" in China. They will give a special lecture on film-making and take part in puzzle games with the participating youths.
On the last day, they will participate in the showing of movies made by the youths and award prizes to the winners. Ha Ji-won said, "I want to contribute to promoting cultural exchange between Korea and China through the event, being held on the 20th anniversary of Korea-China diplomatic ties". [Yonhap]
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
'Gangnam Style' Sees Veteran Singer Psy Leapfrog K-Pop Bands
Psy held a solo concert at Jamsil Olympic Stadium in Seoul on Saturday, drawing over 30,000 specta,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week