Added new videos for the upcoming Korean movie "Life is Peachy"
"Life is Peachy" (2010)
Directed by Kim Soo-hyeon
With Kim Hyo-jin, Kim Kkobbi, Seo Hyeon-jin, Kim Sang-hyeon, Choi Min-yong, Kim Seon-hyeok,...
What is it like when you love a woman?
Yoon Ji-woo, who had been plotting a fake suicide with pickpocket Kang Ji-woo, is cuffed by detective Min-yong and falls in love as destined. Jeong Ji-woo and Hee-jin hear about their love story and start asking questions. Director Kim Soo-hyeon's latest film, "Life is Peachy", is a story about three people, all named Ji-woo, that brings a new approach to presenting the sentiment of love through the language and bodies of women. Did they truly fall in love? Did they tell the truth? "Ashamed" travels between reality and fiction as it caresses the wounds and memories of love.
While her first film "So Cute" (2004) was a story of a father, a son and the woman between them, "Ashamed" addresses of the pain and reconciliation among a group of women. Kim's narrative is subtle and very unique in its delivery of familiar emotions into a new kind of experience, proving Kim is a filmmaker that possess a rare sentimentality in upcoming Korean cinema. (Lee Sang-yong)
2010 Pusan International Film Festival - New Currents
2011 Berlin International Film Festival - Panorama
Release date in Korea : 2011/12/08
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week