Adonis (福壽草) flowers are seen among the snow in a mountain called Gyagu-san, Yul-ri, Jeungpyeong-eup, Jeungpyeong-gun in South Korea's North Chungcheong Province as of Feb. 22, 2012.
The yellow Adonis plants are locally called Boksucho (福壽草), which means the plant of luck and longevity in Chinese characters. They are also called Far East Amur adonis or simply Amur adonis.
They are known to be heralds of the spring, as bloom earliest in the spring. They are often called "Snow Flower" as they are seen in the snow.
Adonis is a genus of about 20-30 species of flowering plants of the family Ranunculaceae, native to Europe and Asia.
The species grow to 10-40 cm in height, with feathery, finely divided leaves. Their flowers are red, yellow or orange and have 5-30 petals.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Rhythmic Gymnast Son Yeon-Jae, One of 11 Beauties for London Olympics
South Korean rhythmic gymnast Son Yeon-Jae has been named one of the 11 most beauriful athletes fo,...More
Kim Min-hee "Noh Hee-kyeong cast you in a drama while you were crying?"
Kim Min-hee explained the report about her being cast in a drama by Noh Hee-kyeong while she was c,...More
"Hanbando - Drama" Hwang Jeong-min performs action stunts without a stunt double
Actor Hwang Jeong-min sacrificed himself for his action scenes. For TV Chosun drama "Hanbando - D,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***