The untouchable group Big Bang has been getting a lot of spotlight for their world tour, set to visit 25 cities in 16 countries lasting until this December. The tour will be partially for a good cause as the group has decided to donate a part of the concert proceeds to UNICEF so that children in Africa can get vaccinated for the measles.
YG Entertainment signed a written agreement with the Korean branch of UNICEF in Changseong-dong of Seoul on June 14th.
A YG rep said, "We've decided to donate enough of the tour proceeds to vaccinate 600,000 children in Africa against the measles for the 600,000 fans that will be attending the tour concert". It costs 350 won per vaccination, thus the group's donation is expected to be about 210 million won.
Big Bang's leader G-Dragon added, "We decided to do this to show some love back to the world for all the love we've been receiving from all around the world. We hope that many kids will receive the vaccinations and live healthy lives".
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/Ent...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
K-Pop Star Entertain Art Show Brings Together Fans and Stars
The 2012 K-Pop Star Entertain Art Show, Korea's first K-pop inspired art exhibition targeting hallyu,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama
Drama of the week