By Ines Min
The 24-year-old singer will debut opposite American reality TV star Derek Hough, one of the champions on "Dancing with the Stars".
Duane Adler, writer of "Save the Last Dance" and "Step Up", will direct his original screenplay, alongside producer Robert Cort ("Jumanji", "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure").
"Cobu 3D" tells the tale of two dancers from opposite worlds, who find romance in an underground New York club despite their gangs' rivalry. The film looks to differentiate itself from the recent slew of dance films by focusing on a solid storyline and incorporating a diversity of styles ― hip hop, swing, tap ― according to the press release.
Shooting begins in Toronto and New York this spring, the work is set for release in 2012. Lionsgate International will handle overseas distribution, while CJ Entertainment manages Korea, Japan and China.
The film will begin pre-sales at the February Berlin International Film Festival.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
'Insane' analyzes the honesty of media art on media
Insane Park's second solo exhibition "M.IDEA" is being held through Feb. 20 at Arario Gallery, Sog,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***
Drama of the week