Cardinal Nicholas Cheong Jin-suk, head of the Seoul Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church in Korea, has sent a congratulatory message to Buddhists ahead of the Buddha's birthday next Monday.
In the message sent to the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism on Monday, Cheong said that he hoped the Buddha's mercy will spread to the whole world, especially to the poor and underprivileged.
The cardinal said that Buddhists and Catholics who seek the path of spiritual salvation should work together to realize virtue and goodness, resolve societal conflicts and achieve justice, peace and truth.
The Seoul Archdiocese of the Roman Catholic Church plans to hang a banner commemorating the Buddha's birthday at Myeongdong Cathedral in downtown Seoul from Friday.
Reported by KBS WORLD Radio
Contact the KBS News: email@example.com
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Zuckerberg's Backyard Wedding a Lesson for Korean Couples
Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg made US$20 billion in the initial public offering of the socia,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.