The balladeer has taken on the first musical of his career, "La Cage Aux Folles" (Korean title "La Cage"). Changmin will be playing the role of Jean-Michel, along with Lee Min-ho-I who shot to stardom through the drama "The Sun and the Moon".
Changmin has gained popularity as the main vocalist of the popular ballad idol group 2AM and the other half to Lee Hyun in the duo group Homme. His unique and strong vocals will be a strong asset to the musical.
The 2AM member will be the first among his groupmates to take on a musical. A Big Hit Entertainment representative said, "He's currently spending all his time practicing day and night for the musical. It's hard to catch a glimpse of him".
"La Cage Aux Folles" is based on a 1973 play of the same name by Jean Poiret. The storyline focuses on a gay couple of Georges and Albin. The story gets complicated when Georges's son Jean-Michel brings home his fiancee's ultra-conservative parents to meet them.
"La Cage Aux Folles" will start its run at the LG Art Center in Yeoksam-dong of Seoul on July 4th.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Kim Yoo-jeong, Kim Dong-hyeon-IV and Park Ji-bin cast for "May Queen"
Kim Yoo-jeong, Park Ji-bin, Park Geon-tae and Kim Dong-hyeon-IV have gathered together for "May Qu,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week