The Seoul Southern District Court on Thursday acquitted comedian Lee Chang-myung of leaving the scene of an accident after drunk driving last year, but fined him W5 million for violating traffic laws and as compensation.
Lee was booked in April of last year after slamming into a traffic light in his Porsche SUV and fleeing the scene. Police said he was drunk at the time with an estimated blood alcohol level of 0.16 percent -- enough to have his driver's license revoked.
He went into hiding for 20 hours but finally showed up at a police station, where he said he had to go to a hospital for medical care and denied driving under the influence.
The doctor who treated him said the comedian smelled of alcohol, and witnesses spotted Lee drinking in a restaurant prior to the accident and attempting to call a driver to take him home.
But the presiding judge said the charges were based on circumstantial evidence and found Lee not guilty.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Ji Sung, Lee Bo-young Secretly Donate W100 Million for Sick Children
Lee Bo-young (left) and Ji Sung Celebrity couple Ji Sung and Lee Bo-young donated W100 mill,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017