Movie poster for "Cyrano Agency" [Lotte Entertainment]
Korean romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency" made its way up to the No. 1 spot on the local box office over the weekend, pushing past former winner "The Invincibles" during the final week of September.
The Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) reported on Monday that "Cyrano Agency", which opened in theaters on September 16, came in first place attracting 428,103 moviegoers during the weekend of September 24 to 26.
"Cyrano Agency", helmed by director Kim Hyeon-seok, is about how two love agents, played by Uhm Tae-woong and Park Shin-hye, try to help their client (Choi Daniel) win over his dream girl (Lee Min-jung).
Meanwhile, previous No. 1 title-holder "A Better Tomorrow", starring Song Seung-heon and Joo Jin-mo, dropped a spot to second place with 304,057 admissions and animated picture "Despicable Me" came in third, selling 285,244 tickets.
Korean action pic "Trapped" held onto its position in fourth with 210,263 admits and Hollywood thriller "Resident Evil: Afterlife" slipped a notch to fifth place, having sold 207,176 tickets.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Happy Sunday" scores 1st win atop weekly TV charts
Korean variety show "Happy Sunday" [Official KBS English Website] KBS entertainment program "Happ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.