Korean romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency" has placed at the top spot on the local box office once again, taking its third consecutive win in the country.
According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Cyrano Agency", starring Uhm Tae-woong and Park Shin-hye, was the most-watched movie in the country, attracting 244,757 moviegoers during the weekend of October 8 to 10 to rake in over a total two million admits since opening in theaters on September 16.
New release "Detective Dee", starring Chinese actors Andy Lau and Carina Lau, bowed into second place in the local box office, selling 190,387 tickets and Korean comedy tentatively titled "He's on Duty" held on the No. 3 spot with 184,658 admits.
Hollywood romantic comedies "Letters To Juliet" and "Eat Pray Love" ranked in fourth and fifth place, respectively, with 136,902 and 80,555 tickets sold.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Marry Me, Please" scores 2nd win on weekly TV charts
Weekend family drama "Marry Me, Please" ("All About Marriage") [KBS] KBS' weekend series "Marry M,...More
[PHOTO] Han Ji-hye speaks at PIFF's Soiree Francaise
Han Ji-hye [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily] Actress Han Ji-hye speaks at the annual Soiree Franca,...More
2PM reveals new album track list and video trailer
Korean idols 2PM members (from left to right): Chansung, Junho, Wooyoung, Junsu, Nichkhu and Taecy,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.