Hollywood animated picture "How To Train Your Dragon" [DreamWorks Pictures]
Hollywood animated picture "How To Train Your Dragon" bowed into first place on the local box office over the weekend, pushing former winner "The Housemaid - 2010" off the top spot.
Figures by the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) released on Monday revealed that the latest DreamWorks film, which opened in theaters on May 20, attracted 759,590 moviegoers during the weekend of May 21 to 23.
"Dragon", based on the novel by Cressida Cowell, is about a young Viking boy who wants to become a dragon hunter but instead becomes friends with one of the creatures. The animated movie is voiced by actors Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson.
Meanwhile, Korean erotic thriller "The Housemaid - 2010", starring Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Jeong-jae, dropped a spot to second place with 476,057 admits, while action movie "Robin Hood" also fell one slot to round out the top three movies with 456,973 tickets sold.
Hollywood sequel "Iron Man 2" followed behind at No. 4 selling 237,832 tickets and newly released Korean romantic comedy "My Dear Desperado" entered the box office charts in fifth place with 226,737 admissions.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Three Brothers" records solid ratings for 14th win
"Three Brothers" cast members Ahn Nae-sang, Lee Joon-hyeok and Oh Dae-gyoo [KBS2] Korean drama "T,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.