In stark contrast to the whimsical flowers and comical faces inscribed on traditional hanji paper scrolls that were on display, the thunderous sounds of Samulnori-a four-piece Korean percussion ensemble-reverberated through the walls of the at the Korean Cultural Center Washington DC on Sunday, April 22.
Despite steady rain throughout the day, nearly 100 guests gathered for the opening reception of the Flowers and Sound exhibit, featuring works by 18 Korean artists who have reimagined traditional Korean folk paintings. The occasion was celebrated with a rousing performance by the Lee Young Gwang Percussion Ensemble.
"That was, for me, just about the most enjoyable event ever at the KORUS House", said guest Michael Zak. "Thank you for the event".
This exhibit, organized by the Korean American Cultural Arts Foundation, will remain on display through April 30, 2012. The Korean Cultural Center is open to visitors 9am to noon and 1:30-5:30pm, M-F.
Source : www.dynamic-korea.com...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
'Kimchi, Drinks, and a Movie' Celebrates Korean Film and Food in DC
Ambassador Choi Young-jin, acclaimed Korean director Na Hong-jin, and nearly 400 members of the pu,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama