The launch of an advertising campaign in Japan featuring Korean actress Kim Tae-hee has been cancelled due to anti-Korean sentiment.
Japanese daily Nikkan Sports said Kim was set to appear at the launch of a new cosmetic product by Rohto Pharmaceutical but organizers called off the event citing safety concerns after spiteful comments criticizing Kim's selection as the model appeared on the Internet.
In 2005, Kim and her brother, actor Lee Wan, were named advocates of Korea's territorial sovereignty over the Dokdo islets, to which Japan lays a dubious claim. This has led to Kim being targeted by anti-Korean groups in Japan.
They posted photos of Kim and her brother visiting Switzerland as goodwill ambassadors wearing T-shirts and distributing songs that said Dokdo belongs to Korea. Japanese netizens said Kim should not be allowed to work as an entertainer in Japan due to her "anti-Japanese" attitude.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Kim Jae-joong of JYJ to Appear in Historical Drama 'Time Slip Dr. Jin'
Kim Jae-joong of the star Hallyu group JYJ will appear in the drama "Time Slip Dr. Jin" The PR com,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.