Girls' Generation, was won the Grand Star of the Year Prize for the third time from Sports Hankook, a Korean sports daily.
The K-pop group received the most votes with 30 from 100 entertainment industry experts surveyed by the newspaper. The girl group won the title in 2010 and 2009 as well. They are the first to claim the title three times since the inception of the prize in 2005.
The year 2011 has been a truly global year for the group. Girls' Generation dominated the pop music scene in Japan releasing multiple tracks including "Mr. Taxi". They also led the spread of "hallyu", or the Korean culture wave, to Europe and the Americas. This month, the band released English track "The Boys" in the United States.
TV host and comedian Yoo Jae-suk came in second with 12 votes, followed by female singer IU who received 10.
By Noh Hyun-gi
Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr/...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Glamorous Taecyeon and Kim Tae-hee meet for a birthday greeting
On December 27th 2PM's Taecyeon posted this picture on his Twitter, noting, "Today is my birthday.,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.