Gyeonggi Province is seeking to have Namhan Fortress added to UNESCO's world cultural heritage list.
The provincial government said Wednesday that next year it plans to present its official application of the nation's important cultural heritage that shows the typical capital defense faciliies of the Joseon Dynasty.
Namhan Fortress was a mountain stronghold defending Seoul along with Bunhan Fortress. It was built in 1624 on the site of a castle constructed during King Munmu's reign during the Silla Dynasty.
UNESCO's world heritage committee will decide on the inclusion of the fortress in 2014.
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Maestro Chung Myung-whun Invites N.Korean Orchestra to France
Renowned conductor Chung Myung-whun has invited North Korea's Unhasu Orchestra for a joint concert,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.