Korean actress Han Hyo-joo [photographed by Park Sung-ki/Asia Economic Daily]
Korean actress Han Hyo-joo has been selected as the festival lady for this year's Grand Mint Festival (GMF2010), to be held in Seoul in October.
Mint Paper, who hosts the event, announced Thursday that they have chosen the 23-year-old actress to be the face of GMF2010, saying her "bright, wholesome image as well as her passion for music clicks with Grand Mint Festival".
The actress, who currently stars in MBC's historical drama "Dong Yi", is known to play the acoustic guitar as a hobby and enjoys listening to various genres of music.
As the festival lady, she will be taking part in the shoots for the official poster and trailer video for the GMF2010. The actress will also be involved in the festival's theme song, which will be a mixed duet.
Han, 23, made her debut through popular sitcom "Nonstop 5" (MBC, 2005) and has since appeared in several dramas and films. She became a household name after starring in the hit TV series "Shining Inheritance" (SBS, 2009), which scored viewership ratings of around 46 percent during its run.
GMF2010 will be held October 23 and 24 at Seoul's Olympic Park.
Reporter : Kang Seung-hun tarophine@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.