"The Front Line" has been nominated for 11 categories including Best Film at the 32nd Blue Dragon Film Awards, a leading annual awards ceremony organized by the Sports Chosun that focuses on new blockbusters.
Directed by Jang Hoon, the movie revolves around a final battle fought in the early stages of the 1950-53 Korean War after the 1951 ceasefire is announced, showing how soldiers can lose their humanity in the insanity of war. It stars Sin Ha-gyoon and Ko Soo, among others.
According to the awards committee on Wednesday, the movie is also in the running for Best Director, Best Leading Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best New Actor, Best Cinematography, Best Lighting, Best Original Score, Best Art Direction, Technical Award and Best Original Screenplay.
"Arrow, The Ultimate Weapon", starring Park Hae-il as the best archer in the Chosun Dynasty and his odyssey to rescue his sister, picked up nominations for 10 categories, including Best Film and Best Director, while "Sunny - 2010" has a fighting chance in eight categories and "The Crucible" seven, including Best Leading Actress for Jung Yu-mi.
This year's Blue Dragon Film Awards will be held at Kyunghee University in Seoul on Nov. 25. A total of 22 films will compete in 15 categories.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.