Korean director Hong Sang-soo [Asia Economic Daily]
U.S. film publication Variety reported July 19 (U.S. time) that Hong's newest pic has been chosen as the closing film for the Horizons (Orizzonti) section of the festival, to be held in Venice from September 1 to 11.
This is the first time that Hong has been invited to the prestigious Italian film fest, which marks its 67th anniversary this year.
The director has made six trips to Cannes Film Festival, however, and was awarded the grand prize in the "Un Certain Regard" category for the film "Ha Ha Ha" earlier this year.
Hong is considered one of the most prominent filmmakers in Korea who is known for unique vision and originality. He has won international acclaim with his films which include "The Day a Pig Fell Into the Well" (1996), "Virgin Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors" (2000) and "Woman is the Future of Man" (2004).
"Oki's Movie" will be shown on September 11, on the last day of the festival.
Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Photos of Kim Nam-gil, Lee Wan at military camp released
Korean actor Lee Wan serving in the military [Republic of Korea Army website] Photographs of acto,...More
Late Park Yong-ha Still Lives in Japanese Fan's Mind
In a concert hall normally filled with the sounds of singing and shouting, only the sound of cryin,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.