According to the Korean Film Council on February 22nd, "Howling" drew in 71,791 people on the 21st, bringing the total number of viewers to 785,884. As soon as it hit the theatres on the 16th, it beat out "Nameless Gangster" to take over the number one spot at the box office.
An industry rep said they expected the movie to break the one million mark sometime this week.
"Howling" is about two detectives trying to solve a series of deaths that involve a killer wolf.
On a side note, "Nameless Gangster" attracted in 62,677 people on the 21st, putting it at second place. So far, a total of 3,524,614 people have seen the movie, making it a mega-hit.
"Dancing Queen" was at third with 31,269 movie goers, for a total of 3,615,991 people. "Toro: Legend Of The Magic Hammer" was at fourth with 22,031 people having watched it, followed by "The Grey" with 17,477 people.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Gyeonggi Aims to Add Namhan Fortress to UNESCO List
Gyeonggi Province is seeking to have Namhan Fortress added to UNESCO's world cultural heritage lis,...More
Maestro Chung Myung-whun Invites N.Korean Orchestra to France
Renowned conductor Chung Myung-whun has invited North Korea's Unhasu Orchestra for a joint concert,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017