Hollywood action film "Inception" [Warner Bros. PIctures]
Hollywood action film "Inception" successfully bowed into the Korean box office at No. 1 over the weekend, taking the top spot from Korean thriller "Moss".
The Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) revealed on Monday that "Inception", which premiered in local theaters on July 21, brought in 796,854 moviegoers during the weekend of July 23 to 25.
The crime thriller, written, produced and helmed by famed director Christopher Nolan, is about how Dom Cobb (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) enters people's dreams to obtain inaccessible information. It also stars actors Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page and Tom Hardy.
"Moss", based on a popular online comic in Korea, slipped one slot to No. 2 with 493,946 admissions and Disney picture "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", starring Nicolas Cage and Jay Baruchel, entered the chart in third place with 218,865 admits.
Newly released Korean flick "Heart is... 2" and animated picture "Detective Conan: The Lost Ship in the Sky" also opened in theaters, coming in at fourth and fifth place selling 154,824 and 145,804 tickets, respectively.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Bread, Love and Dreams" stays at No. 1 for fourth week
Korean actor Yoon Si-yoon from No. 1 show in the country "Bread, Love and Dreams" [KBS] KBS drama,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.