According to multiple sources, actor Jang Hyeok who was set to play the male lead and actress Kim Sa-rang decided to pull out from the drama after Park's casting for the show fell through. All three are managed by major talenthouse SidusHQ.
Although officials had not confirmed Park was cast for "Secret Garden", his agency SidusHQ had said earlier this month that negotiations are "going positively" and they are waiting for a response from the show.
Officials working with Jang Hyeok have said the actor's withdrawal from the show "has not been set as of yet" but several industry sources have accepted his exit from the show as fact.
Park, whose Korean name is Jay Park, joined SidusHQ this summer when he returned to Korea for the first time in months after splitting from 2PM. He has taken on a solo career in singing and acting since, releasing his debut album and filming Korea-U.S. b-boy pic "Hype Nation 3D".
Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Big Bang's new single enters Oricon chart at No. 5
Korean idols Big Bang (from left to right): Daesung, Taeyang, T.O.P (Choi Seung-hyeon), G-Dragon a,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.