Actress Jeong Yu-mi was at first reluctant to accept the lead role in tvN's "I Need Romance 2012" but she now feels the gambit of switching from movies to cable TV has paid off.
The show, a romantic comedy that finished airing early this month after garnering surprisingly favorable viewer ratings, is a sequel to the hit soap with the same title that first aired in 2011.
"I thought I'd be better off staying in films, even though I liked the [drama's] script and wanted the role very much. But now I think it was stupid of me to even consider not going for it", she said.
Jung made a name for herself by appearing in a number of movies, such as "Blossom Again", "My Dear Desperado", "The Crucible" and "In Another Country", after her debut in a short film named "How to Operate a Polaroid Camera" in 2004.
Many actors struggle to get out of character when the day's shooting wraps up, but Jung said she finds it easy to switch it on and off.
"Frankly, if I hadn't become an actress, it might be hard for me to live like an ordinary person. I don't get along with people very easily, and I'm not good at working in an organization", she said.
"However, one of my strengths is the ability to concentrate really well on what I'm doing. When I'm acting, I only think of my character, and when it ends, I totally forget all about it".
"When I'm asked how I performed in a particular scene, it's difficult to answer because I put it behind me so quickly", she added.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.