Koreas Jinro soju has been named the best-selling liquor in the world by the U.K.-based trade magazine Drinks International. Jinro sold 61.4 million boxes (nine liters per box) or 1.53 billion bottles of the traditional Korean spirit in the world last year. One box comprises 25 360-milliter bottles, which is common in Korea.
Second was Smirnoffs Vodka with 24.7 million boxes and the third was Lotte Liquors soju of Korea with 23.9 million boxes, or 597.5 million bottles. Jinro and Lotte sold a combined 2.13 billion bottles of soju were sold last year. Jinro has been dominating the spirit market for a decade.
Among whiskey brands popular among Koreans, Johnnie Walker ranked eighth in sales with 18 million boxes, Swedish Absolut 16th with 11.21 million, and Jack Daniels 19th with 10.58 million.
Liquor, including soju, whiskey, vodka, gin, tequila, rum and brandy, are considered one of the top three alcoholic beverages along with beer and wine.
Source : english.donga.com/srv...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.