Jeong Yong-hwa of boy band CNBLUE [10Asia]
Korean public broadcaster SBS announced in a press release that the two singers will be replacing 2PM's Taecyeon and Wooyoung, who stepped down as hosts after the July 11 episode, and joining co-host Choi Seol-ri of girl band f(x).
Jo, 20, debuted as the leader of idol group 2AM after being a trainee at agency JYP Entertainment for over seven years. 2AM made their debut in July 2008 with the single "This Song" and gained popularity through K-pop hits such as "Can't Let You Go Even If I Die" and "I Did Wrong" earlier this year.
Jeong, 21, is the leader and main vocalist of Korean indie-band-turned-idol-group CNBLUE, which stands for "Code Name Blue". The group released two singles in Japan before making their debut in Korea last January with the mini-album "Bluetory".
Jeong had also garnered much attention ahead of making his debut with the band by appearing in the hit TV series "You're Beautiful" (SBS, 2009) alongside Hallyu stars Jang Geun-seok and Park Shin-hye.
Jo and Jeong will be featured as hosts on "Inkigayo" starting July 19.
Jo Kwon of boy band 2AM [10Asia]
Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Entertainer Jeong Ga-eun Admitted Into the Hospital
It appears that the summer heat is getting to some of the stars in Kpop. Entertainer Jeong Ga-eun wa,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.