Actor Joo Ji-hoon, who was to star in the musical "Dr. Zhivago", has pulled out just two weeks before the grand opening on Jan. 27 due to problems with his vocal chords.
"It's obviously disappointing because Joo has worked very hard for the musical and he became quite attached to the project as it was his first work since he concluded his [mandatory] military service", said the actor's agent.
Joo's throat was not in a good condition at the end of last year and it got progressively worse in recent weeks, he added.
Joo, who enjoyed huge popularity after he switched careers from being a model to an actor, entered the military after he was involved in a drug scandal in the spring of 2009.
"The role of Dr. Zhivago will be now played solely by Hong Kwang-ho, who was originally meant to rotate the role with Joo. We will do our best to minimize any disruptions caused by Joo's departure", said the producers of the musical.
The blockbuster musical, which has a production cost of W25 billion, premiered in Sydney last February (US$1=W1,157). Following its run in Korea, the producers hope to take it to London's West End next year, and on to Broadway in 2014.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Lim Hyung-joo Gives Away Concert Tickets Worth W100 Million
Popera singer Lim Hyung-joo has donated 1,000 tickets for his New Year concert to underprivileged ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week