After announcing big plans to debut in the US market last year, girl group JQT has revealed their plans to disband.
The girls' contract with GP Entertainment came to an end last December, and the members decided to not resign and disband instead. This has put their plans to debut in the US under the wings of famed producer Melvin Brown up in the air, if not to a complete halt altogether. Melvin Brown is noted for his producing works with Lady Gaga, Akon, T-Pain, etc.
A GP Entertainment rep reported to a news source that JQT's contract with the agency was indeed over and thus their plans for an American debut seem unlikely.
JQT was made up of members Min-jung, Ga-jin, Ji-eun, and Minsun. The former three were all discovered in 2005, to be joined by Min-sun through a separate audition later. However, Min-sun was later replaced by Jin-kyung shortly after JQT's official debut in 2009. The original three members will be making a fresh start with EC Ebenezer to join two other girls to form a new group called "As the One".
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/Ent...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Former 2PM Singer Park's Album on Billboard World Chart
Jay Park, formerly a member of boy band 2PM, claimed fourth place on the Billboard World Albums Ch,...More
Seoul Citizens Enjoy Longest Healthy Life in Korea
Jeju ranks second on the list of regions with an average life expectancy of 79.3 years due to a go,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.