JYJ's Kim Jae-joong's popularity is showing no signs of waning. The young singer was awarded a Shorty Award for the Celebrity category.
The Shorty Awards recognizes some of the most popular figures on Twitter in 26 different categories, including government, health, politics, music, celebrity, etc.
The finalists ar selected through the Shorty Awards website and the Shorty Awards twitter account. Then the final winners are weeded through by the members of The Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences.
The New York Times had once in the past wrote, "Hollywood has the Oscars, Broadway has the Tony's, and now Twitter has the Shorty Awards".
The finalists were revealed last February 23rd, where Kim Jae-joong was among the likes of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez. The Korean idol was chosen as the winner despite such big names for the second year in a row.
He'll be invited to attend the actual Shorty Awards Ceremony in New York, scheduled for March 3rd. Similar to Twitter, he'll be allotted 140 characters for his thank you speech.
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/Ent...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
20th Century Fox to Directly Invest in Korean Film Industry
Film distributor 20th Century Fox has announced its plan to directly invest in the South Korean mo,...More
Witherspoon Enchanted by Korean Temple Food, Handicrafts
Above picture: Actress Reese Witherspoon enjoys snack and shopping in Insa-dong, Seoul on Friday.,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.