Nearly 60 percent of the 524 Korean language learners from 65 nations responded that K-pop influenced them to learn the language, according to a survey by Kyung Hee University's Institute of International Education.
The respondents said K-pop also raised their interest in Korea, with 18.8 percent of them visiting the country.
About 11 percent of the respondents said they became favorable toward Korean culture, while 11 percent also became fans of certain Korean pop stars.
A number of foreigners were first acquainted with Korean pop music through YouTube or their respective television broadcasts, followed by Korean television programs or Facebook.
Some 37.9 percent of respondents picked dance as the most fascinating factor of Korean pop that distinguishes the genre from other pop music.
Over one out of three pointed to the catchy melodies as another strong point of K-pop, and 27.4 percent regarded the rhythm as attractive.
Noraebang, a Korean-style karaoke room, was the general way to enjoy K-pop, as more than two out of five international music fans responded so. How they enjoy the music depended on the region, as East Asian fans said they go to concerts, whereas the Europeans or the supporters from North and South Americas said they listen to music on YouTube.
By Yi Whan-woo
Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr/...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
[Spoiler] "The Rooftop Prince" prince and the trio cut hair
The four main males in "The Rooftop Prince" cut their hair. Micky Yoochun, Lee Min-ho-I, Choi Woo,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.