Korean actor Kim Seung-woo, who starred in blockbuster TV series "IRIS" last year, has joined the cast of its upcoming spin-off series "ATHENA", according to the show's producer Taewon Entertainment on Tuesday.
Taewon announced in a press release that the actor will be reprising his role from the original series, playing North Korea's top intelligence agent Park Chul-young who holds the key secrets to solving the mysteries left behind by "IRIS".
The storyline of "ATHENA", named after the Greek goddess, will be about terrorist acts and threats against the Korean Peninsula and the whole world.
Like the star-studded cast of "IRIS" which was led by Lee Byung-hun, "ATHENA" will feature some of the Korea's top actors including Jung Woo-sung, Cha Seung-won, Soo-ae, Lee Ji-ah, Kim Min-jong and Choi Si-won of K-pop idol group Super Junior.
The series recently wrapped up its location shoot in Italy and will continue onto other countries including Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and Switzerland.
Kim, 41, has appeared in numerous films and television dramas, most notably "Cinderella - 1997" (MBC, 1997), "Hotelier" (MBC, 2001), "Woman on the Beach" (2006) and "Between Hate and Love" ("The Unbearable Lightness of Dating", 2006). He also hosts celebrity talk show "Win Win" on KBS2 TV.
"ATHENA" will premiere in Korea in November.
Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.