The 21-year old actress will play the role of a popular pole vaulter nicknamed "Min Yeo Se", which literally means "beautiful bird". She will be the romantic interest of Man Ho, portrayed by Kim Myeong-min.
In an interview with MyungMin International in January, Kim Myeong-min revealed that "Man Ho will actually be involved in a love triangle with Mi Nyeo Se and Yun Ki (another marathoner)". As of press time, the actor who will play the role of Yun Ki has not yet been revealed.
Ko Ah-ra debuted in 2003 and is known in Korea as a TV drama actress. Some of her works include "No Limit" (MBC, 2009), "Who Are You - Drama" (MBC, 2008) and "Snow Flower" (SBS, 2006). While she is no stranger to the big screen with two Japanese films under her belt (Genghis Khan: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea (2007) and Subaru (2009)). "Pacemaker" marks her film debut in Korea.
"Pacemaker" is an inspiring and heartwarming movie that tells about the life of a man who becomes an Olympic runner by accident. It also stars veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki ("The Divine Weapon", 2008; "Radio Star", 2006 ).
The movie will be directed by Kim Da-jeong, famous for musicals Finding Kim Jong Wook and Attack the Gas Station. It is produced by Dream Capture Studios. Filming is scheduled to commence in mid-March for Chuseok release.
Written by: michi
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.