Korean film "Bestseller" is already in discussions for a Hollywood remake prior to its local release on Thursday, according to the film's production company Daisy Entertainment on Monday.
Daisy explained in a press release that they have been contacted by U.S. film production company Vertigo Entertainment, who offered to buy remake copyrights for the thriller pic.
Vertigo is owned by Roy Lee, a Korean-American movie producer who is known for turning Asian hit films into Hollywood remakes.
Some of his successful re-productions include "The Ring" (2002), "The Grudge" (2004), "My Sassy Girl" (2008), "The Uninvited" (2009) and the Oscar-winning "The Departed" (2006), which Martin Scorsese directed based on the hit Hong Kong film "Infernal Affairs".
The film is scheduled for release in Korea on April 15.
Reporter : Lynn Kim email@example.com
Editor : Jessica Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Super Junior successfully wrap up Asia tour in Philippines
Korean idol group Super Junior perform at their "Super Show 2" concert held in Philippines on Ap,...More
"Three Brothers" knocks out competition for eighth week
Poster of family drama "Three Brothers" [KBS2] KBS2 family drama "Three Brothers" continued to s,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week