Korean film tentatively titled "George and Bong-sik" has been presold to China ahead of premiering in Korea, according to its production company Mega Pictures on Monday.
Mega Pictures revealed in a press release that China's media giant Guangdong Century Limited acquired distribution rights for the film on July 12 after watching footage of what has been shot so far, as well as in consideration of its cast and scenario.
"We bought the distribution rights to the film because of the all-star cast and how comic action genres are popular in China", an official from Mega Pictures explained.
Mega Pictures added that the company has received several inquiries from Japan and Thailand as well.
"George and Bong-sik" is about how a LAPD cop George (played by Jeong Joon-ho) and Korean cop Bong-sik (played by Shin Hyeon-joon) deal with chaotic situations. "George and Bong-sik" also co-stars Korean actress Seo Yeong-hee and Australian-born super model Jessica Gomes.
The local release date for the action comedy has yet to be set.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the week