Seo Yeong-joo, the founder and force behind Korea's Cineclick Asia, has launched a new company called Fine Cut, which will act as a sales agent for Korean and international titles, as well as investing in films and acquiring select foreign titles for the domestic market.
Seo, who launched the successful Cineclick six years ago, sold it last year to Fantom Entertainment in order to raise capital for project investment. When the purchaser's stock market share price dropped limiting the scope of its operations, Seo decided the best way to realize her vision was to start fresh, resulting in First Cut.
Her new company already has 17 titles on display at Berlin's European Film Market, many in post-production. Among them are Na Hong-jin's stylish debut thriller "The Chaser", Pusan winner Zhang Lu's latest, "Iri", and Siddiq Barmak's eagerly anticipated "The Opium War".
Seo will continue to act as a consultant for Cineclick, and will be able to transfer some of the titles she invested in over to Fine Cut. Her plans are to represent at least ten completed films a year. She told Patrick Frater of Variety, ""I now aim to discover a new chance of working with various directors, producers and industry people all around the world. That was the driving force behind Cineclick Asia for years, and I want to regain my original motivation".
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.