AHN is a photographer and director of documentaries. As an Asia-Press reporter, he has traveled across east Asia, collecting data on educating Korean-Japanese immigrants and the forgotten parts of Korean film history. He has produced < Silent Crying >(2002), a documentary which deals with military prostitutes during World War II. He has also co-produced < Osaka Eleven: A Story of Osaka Korean High school Soccer Team >(2007).
[HanCinema's Film Review] "The Truth Shall Not Sink with Sewol" 2014/12/19,
Bombastic English title notwithstanding, "The Truth Shall Not Sink with Sewol" is actually a pretty standard technical documentary. In the wake of the Sewol ferry tragedy, a man arrives on the scene with a diving bell. He explains in pretty clear detail how the object works. Basically, it lets divers stay underwater longer- obviously a helpful thing to have around, given that poor weather conditions frequently frustrated the divers in their attempts to find any possible survivors. And yet, it takes quite some time for the diving bell to be used. Why?,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.