[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Golden Tower" Episode 10 2014/09/24,
Well, the parody of "Tazza: The Hidden Card" was exactly as advertised. It is indeed a parody of that movie. I don't mean to flippant here but the whole plot trajectory is pretty obvious from the beginning so there's not much to be surprised about. Personally I blame the preview from last time. All there really is to look forward to here is the contortions the cast goes into here pretending to be characters pretending to be tough gamblers who end up running up against actual professional gamblers and inevitably failing.
More surprising territory is entered here with the parody of "My Brilliant Life", which isn't really a direct parody,...More
[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Golden Tower" Episode 9 2014/09/17,
I've mentioned before that a lot of what makes "Golden Tower" work so well is the fact that it typically doesn't have much in the way of villains. This episode is a pretty good demonstration of why. For most of the runtime the focus is on the guy with glasses who, for whatever his general reasons, is being a bad person and we're just sort of waiting for him to get his inevitable comeuppance. He works fine as a background character but in full focus the man's just really unpleasant to watch.
"Golden Tower" has always worked best as an ensemble comedy,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.