[HanCinema's Film Review] "I Am a King" 2015/02/14,
History and the historical genre are things usually treated with a straight face in Korean cinema and television. There are times, however, when a historical setting is merely used as a background to stories in genres for other types of audiences. Much like films "Detective K" and 'The Grand Heist', 'I Am a King' is set during the Joseon dynasty and uses parts of history to essentially tell a comedic 'The Prince and the Pauper' story,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Head" + DVD Giveaway 2014/10/25,
Black comedy is a very tricky genre. Not only does it have to be funny and witty, but it has to be appropriately dark without becoming melodramatic. Aside from that important balance, creating sympathy for its usually eccentric characters is a very difficult task to get right. Korean cinema has hits and misses in the genre and "Head" has some issues which keep it from being one of the great successes in it, but it is still a delightfully enjoyable film,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.