[HanCinema's Film Review] "Young Artists" 2013/07/21,
In the opening sequence, the audience is exposed to a rather drab, unpleasant black-and-white film filtered stage and an equally unappealing high school student. This girl appears to be going through a melancholy checklist of teenage angst and hopeless desperation. I was puzzled watching her. Initially my reaction was caustic dismissal, that she just needed to get her act together. At the same time, her basic hostility to the world around her is perfectly understandable, given that she goes to an acting high school. The poor girl's surrounded by all this dour stuff, even if her real world is in living color.
"Young Artists" is a film that is very heavy in subtext, subtlety, and characterization. Even though the story's action takes place entirely in a high school, none of the characters represent clear stock character types,...More
Kim Yuna, Most Memorable Ad Model For First Half of 2011 2011/08/18, Source,
World-renowned figure skater Kim Yuna leaves deep impressions not only on the ice, but through her many advertisements.
According to a report on the most memorable ad model for the first half of 2011 conducted by government organizations, Kim came out on top with 10.5% of the votes. This is her third win after being number one in 2009 and 2010,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.