Art and Culture 2012/08/10, Source,
It's finally Friday and I'm sure everyone is very excited to get some rest and sleep in. Today, our Michelle Kim brings us some events that are sure to get those of us in London and Seoul out of our homes over the weekend.
[Reporter : ] Hello Conn-young
So what do you have for us today,...More
Book cafes entice readers 2012/04/22, Source,
A latest trend in the Hongdae cafe scene is the emergence of book cafes, which some publishers see as a new way of connecting with readers and boosting sales. / Courtesy of Cafe Comma
By Do Je-hae
The most striking feature of the Hongdae district in Seoul is the prevalence of bars, making it a typical young university student neighborhood. But the area is not just about clubs and indie music. Home to a top art university, the area is also known for its flea markets, restaurants and quirky cafes,...More
Novelist fuels naval base controversy 2012/03/12, Source, Gong Ji-young
By Yun Suh-young
Novelist Gong Ji-young chimed in on opponents' arguments against the construction of a naval base on Jeju Island, adding fuel to raging debate over the project.
Gong wrote on Twitter "You don't listen to the Jeju people nor budge at the cutting of the budget by the National Assembly. You, who beat innocent citizens and put them into the water, are nothing more than pirates", referring to the Navy,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.