'Dogani' author berates Korean court system 2011/11/30, Source, By Kim Do-yeun
The author of "Dogani" ("The Crucible"), the controversial book about sexually abused disabled children that was released as a movie in September, openly attacked the Korean legal system during a debate Tuesday at the Supreme Court in southern Seoul.
Author Gong Ji-young, who was on the panel for the debate on reforming the laws on sex offenders, said that sex crimes are a more serious offence than homicide. She urged the court system to adopt heavier penalties for sex criminals against children and the disabled,...More
Celebrities support Park 2011/10/20, Source, Gong Ji-young
By Chung Min-uck
The liberal camp is elated by famous public figures rallying behind Park Won-soon, the unified opposition candidate, with less than a week left before the Seoul mayoral by-election on Oct. 26.
The mayoral vote has become even more unpredictable, in a neck-and-neck race, as various opinion polls show.
Many celebrities Thursday gathered at the headquarters of the liberal camp's joint election committee in Anguk-dong, Seoul, to discuss how to support Park, who is recently slipping in the polls though he had led in the initial stage,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.