[Weekender] Defining sounds transcending traditionalism 2011/06/30, Source,
'Alternative K-pop' fest to rock up Seoul from July 9 to 23
By Lee Hyo-won
K-pop may be reigniting "hallyu", or the Korean wave, in Europe but contemporary Korean classical music has quietly been stirring up a cross-border movement of its own, with ensembles such as Dulsori touring across more than 50 countries.
Ironically such troupes have been little known within Korea until the local press took notice of international media coverage of their performances. Locals will have a chance to explore five counter-imported "alternative K-pop" performances at the 2nd Yeo Woo Rak Festival, which is due at the National Theater of Korea on Mt. Nam, central Seoul, from July 9 to 23,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.