Born in 1960, Hwang graduated Seoul National University and Korean Academy of Film Arts. In 1990, his feature debut, Searching For Our Class written, directed, produced by him shook Korea film industry. In 1994, he flied to France and directed several films until taking up professional ship at Korean Academy of Film Arts. Since 2005 he has taught films at Myongji University.
[HanCinema Report] JIFF: Day Eight 2013/05/02, "December" by Park Jeong-hoon-I
Today I viewed the final set of short films in competition. The first two shorts were overly artistic pieces which I can only barely remember. They were followed by the only two short animated films in competition- which were much more to my liking. Highs and Lows is a rather unsettling story of struggle, where Two Gentleman is the delightful story of a couple of well-to-do gentlemen who are thrust into an unexpected situation while discussing a surrealist piece of artwork. The last two short films were all right, but nothing special. Similar themes had been done better in earlier showcased short films,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.