[HanCinema's Film Review] "I Am a King" 2015/02/14,
History and the historical genre are things usually treated with a straight face in Korean cinema and television. There are times, however, when a historical setting is merely used as a background to stories in genres for other types of audiences. Much like films "Detective K" and 'The Grand Heist', 'I Am a King' is set during the Joseon dynasty and uses parts of history to essentially tell a comedic 'The Prince and the Pauper' story,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Sad Movie" 2013/12/21,
Foreboding title notwithstanding, the first thing that really stands out about "Sad Movie" are the comedic elements. Between the four vaguely related love-centered plotlines, there's this strong undertone of dark humor. There's a somewhat hostile relationship between mother and son, a threatened break-up over unchanging circumstances, a threatened marriage over unchanging circumstances, and a romance where one of the participants is neither seen or heard. It's all as bizarre as it sounds, yet to anyone who's been in these kinds of situations the emotions ring quite true.
What unites all these disparate stories is the overhanging dread of inevitability,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.