[HanCinema's Film Review] "A Midsummer's Fantasia" 2015/06/06,
Sometimes it seems like every time I think every form of meta film commentary's been done, another weird angle pops out of the woodwork. With "A Midsummer's Fantasia", that commentary is on location scouting. Technically speaking most location scouting these days is done according to tax incentives. And realistically speaking "A Midsummer's Fantasia" was obviously produced the same way. The project was spearheaded at the Nara International Film Festival, and as it happens the location on display here is Gojo City, a picturesque town in the Nara district of Japan,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Sleepless Night" 2014/02/08,
Hyeon-soo (played by Kim Su-hyeon) is a laborer. Joo-hee (played by Kim Joo-ryeong) is a yoga instructor. They've been married for two years now. There is nothing terribly dramatic in their lives, no looming menace that seriously threatens to destroy their love. In fact, there isn't anything terribly exciting about "Sleepless Night" really. Large portions of this film are just Hyeon-soo and Joo-hee talking to each other, at home casually.
And yet watching these scenes, these intimate moments, I felt a profound sadness rise up in me,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.