Jeong Yoon-cheol was born in 1971. He graduated from School of Film and Theater at Hanyang University. After his successful directorial debut with short film < Memorial Picture >, he was selected as a member of MAMPIST and studied film editing at The Austrailian Film Television and Radio School. His short film < Hibernation > was invited to Clermont-Ferrand Film Festival in 1999 and won Best Director Award at Shinyoung Film Festival. < Marathon > is his first feature film.
[HanCinema Korea's Diary] Where did it all start for you? 2012/03/10,
If you had asked me five years ago about Korean cinema I would not have been able to name a single film, let alone any actors, directors, or anything close to the mark. Korean cinema in all its richness and fluidity was unknown to me and its riveting array of melodramas, thrillers, and comedies were well clear of my cinematic radar. Then, in 2007, I had my first taste of it when I came to Seoul on a brief two-week trip. In a dark and crowded apartment, I took up the chance to watch an unknown Korean horror titled "Red Eye", and that marked my first step towards becoming a true Korean cinephile,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.