Celebrities Fined for Cheating Online Customers 2012/07/10, Source, Baek Ji-young (left) and Yu-ri /Courtesy of iamyuri.com
Six online shopping malls run by celebrities were found guilty of violating the electronic commerce law and were fined a combined W38 million (US$1=W1,142), the Fair Trade Commission said Monday.
The FTC found that most of the 997 reviews posted over the past year praising the quality of products sold on the shopping site of singers Baek Ji-young and Yu-ri were written by staff. It said staff of iamyuri.com who had violated some company regulations were forced to write five favorable reviews each as a punishment,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.