After graduating from the department of Theater and Film of Dankook University in 1997, JO has made some short films. One of his short films, < The Rainy Season > (1996) won the Best Film Award at the 14th Busan Short Film Festival and < The Travel > (2000) won the top prize at the 2000 Busan Asian Short Film Festival. < The Bad Utterances > is his first feature film. His second feature is "Dtukbang-Jeonseol".
[HanCinema's Film Review] "A Hard Day": Honest Pay for an Honest Day?
2014/11/15, In the spotlight this week: Kim Seong-hoon's "A Hard Day"…"A Hard Day" had a tough, but rewarding, time at the local box office. After a positive premiere at Cannes (where it screened as part of the independent "Directors' Fortnight" section), this intense and dogged thriller clung onto its top ten ticket for an impressive eight weeks; a solid stint that required battling million-dollar titans like "X-Men: Days of Future Past" (4.3M), "Edge of Tomorrow" (4.6M), "Transformers: Age of Extinction" (5.2M), as well a local dagger in Jo Beom-goo's "The Divine Move" (3.5M)-all of which can claim to be among the year's highest-grossing hits,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.